Bill O’Reilly claims that “[f]air-minded Americans know that playing the race card is easy and hateful. The only thing we can find about Rush Limbaugh is that he thinks quarterback Donovan McNabb is overrated by some people who want black quarterbacks to succeed.” O’Reilly needs to fire his research staff, or learn to use Google himself… Here’s what he should have found, and aired, if he wanted to be “fair and balanced:”
- “We are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles … because his father was black.”
- “I do believe” Obama is an “angry black guy.”
- “[I]n Obama’s America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering.”
- “Obama’s entire economic program is reparations.”
- Obama is “more African in his roots than he is American” and is “behaving like an African colonial despot.”
- Obama is “Halfrican-American.”
- “Obama has disowned his white half … he’s decided he’s got to go all in on the black side.”
- Sotomayor “a reverse racist” appointed by Obama, “the greatest living example of a reverse racist.”
- Obama “wants us to have the same health care and plan that he had in Kenya” and “wants to be the black FDR.”
- Latching onto LA Times op-ed, Limbaugh sings “Barack, The Magic Negro.”
- “God does not have a birth certificate. Neither does Obama”; Obama “has yet to prove he’s a citizen.”
- Limbaugh on Gates controversy: “Here you have a black president trying to destroy a white policeman.”
- Limbaugh suggests Obama would not have acted on Somali pirates if he’d known they were “actually young, black Muslim teenagers.”
- Limbaugh suggests Democrats, media believe “you can’t criticize the little black man-child.”
- “The government’s been taking care of [young blacks] their whole lives.”
- “The days of [minorities] not having any power are over, and they are angry.”
- “[M]inorities never do anything for which they have to apologize.”
- Limbaugh: “The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well.”
- Limbaugh says “NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips.”
- Limbaugh declares basketball “the favorite sport of gangs.”
- Limbaugh invented “racial component” to Hackett’s decision to withdraw from Ohio primary race.
- Limbaugh on Survivor series: “African-American tribe” worst swimmers, Hispanics “will do things other people won’t do.”
- Limbaugh suggested Colin Powell only supported Obama because of race.
- Limbaugh: Gates is an “angry racist.”
- Limbaugh called illegal immigrants an “invasive species.”
- Limbaugh repeatedly calls Native Americans “Injuns.”
- Limbaugh says Democrats’ interest in Darfur is securing black “voting bloc.”
- Limbaugh says that if “feminazis” had remembered to oppose “affirmative action for black guys … they wouldn’t face the situation they face today.”
Not only does O’Reilly prove that his research is biased, inept, or nonexistent, he distorted reality in regarding to Media Matters For America’s reporting of O’Reilly’s own comments.
OREILLY: Now, I’ve been through this. A couple years ago, I said on the radio that having dinner in Harlem at Sylvia’s Restaurant was the same as having dinner anywhere in America. The context was my grandmother, who was very afraid of blacks, even though she never even met a black person. Her fear was irrational. And I made that point quite clearly.
But the vicious website Media Matters put forth I was denigrating a black-owned restaurant. And some people actually believed it without even listening to the radio broadcast, which I posted on billoreilly.com so everybody could hear it. Well, there goes my NFL career.
Actually, MMFA provided the audio and transcript. Here’s what O’Reilly said about Sylvia’s Restaurant in Harlem:
And I couldn’t get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia’s restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it’s run by blacks, primarily black patronship.