You’re probably wondering two things: 1) why is there a post on FoxNewsBoycott.com about Keith Olbermann, and 2) don’t Fox News personalities frequently support conservative candidates? Answering the second question first, absolutely, which answers the first question.
Apparently MSNBC has decided to suspend political commentator (read not journalist) Keith Olbermann indefinitely, without pay. Olbermann donated the maximum amount to three candidates during the midterm election and someone higher up (MSNBC President Phil Griffin) got their panties in a bunch. Granted, journalists should be unbiased, but as with Fox News personalities like Glenn Beck, Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity, he’s a commentator known for voicing his opinion. The difference, of course, is that his opinion is, typically, far more liberal than the others mentioned and/or Fox News does not have a similar policy covering this issue.
The following statement was released to Politico:
OLBERMANN: One week ago, on the night of Thursday October 28 2010, after a discussion with a friend about the state of politics in Arizona, I donated $2,400 each to the re-election campaigns of Democratic Representatives Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords. I also donated the same amount to the campaign of Democratic Senatorial candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky…I did not privately or publicly encourage anyone else to donate to these campaigns nor to any others in this election or any previous ones, nor have I previously donated to any political campaign at any level.
So, what about Fox News?
Over 30 people on Fox News’ payroll have shown their support of the GOP over 600 times during the midterm elections. Here’s who they are, should Fox News decide to hold their employees up to the same standard that MSNBC did:
- Fred Barnes, Fox News contributor
- Glenn Beck, host of Fox News’ Glenn Beck
- Eric Bolling, host of Fox Business’ Follow the Money
- John Bolton, Fox News contributor
- Tammy Bruce, Fox News contributor
- Elaine Chao, Fox News contributor
- Monica Crowley, Fox News contributor
- Mike Gallagher, Fox News contributor
- Newt Gingrich, Fox News contributor
- Sean Hannity, host of Fox News’ Hannity
- Mike Huckabee, host of Fox News’ Huckabee and Twentieth Television’s The Huckabee Show
- David Hunt, Fox News contributor
- Laura Ingraham, Fox News contributor
- John Kasich, former host and contributor
- Brian Kilmeade, co-host of Fox News’ Fox & Friends and host of Fox News Radio’s Kilmeade & Friends
- William Kristol, Fox News contributor
- Michelle Malkin, Fox News contributor
- KT McFarland, Fox News national security analyst and host of FoxNews.com’s DEFCON 3
- Angela McGlowan, Fox News contributor
- Dennis Miller, Fox News contributor
- Dick Morris, Fox News contributor
- Rupert Murdoch, CEO and chairman of News Corp., parent company of Fox News
- Andrew Napolitano, Fox News senior judicial analyst and host of Fox Business’ Freedom Watch
- Sarah Palin, Fox News contributor and host of Fox News’ Real American Stories
- Dana Perino, Fox News contributor
- Dave Ramsey, listed Fox Business personality and former host of Fox Business’ The Dave Ramsey Show (through June)
- Sandy Rios, Fox News contributor
- Karl Rove, Fox News contributor
- Rick Santorum, Fox News contributor
- Doug Schoen, Fox News contributor
- Andrea Tantaros, Fox News contributor
- Stuart Varney, Fox News contributor and host of Fox Business’ Varney & Co.