Irish bookmakers, Paddy Power, will be taking bets on how long drop-out Governor Sarah Palin will stick with her new position as Fox News contributor before throwing in the towel, as well as who she will offend first.

When will Palin quit? Odds:

• Before 01 September 2010 (8/1)
  • Between 01 September 2010 and 31 December 2010 (10/11)
  • After 01 January 2011 (11/10)

Early betting points toward Sarah Palin being dropped by the global news broadcaster between September and December 2010 with Paddy Power offering odds of 10/11. Slightly longer odds of 11/10 are available on the 45 year-old politician keeping her broadcasting role at Fox News into 2011.

Who will Palin offend first? Odds:

• Gay and lesbian groups (4/1)
  • Muslims (6/1)
  • African-Americans (6/1)
  • Single parents (8/1)
  • Arab Americans (12/1)
  • Jews (14/1)
  • Irish (20/1)

14 Responses to “Place Your Bets: Sarah Palin’s Future on Fox News”

1. Crowdaddy13 says:

It’s hard to judge because she will be “part-time”……….but I say December 2010, let the typical republican company fire her at christmas.

I think she will alienate immigrants or muslims first

2. I just hope she doesn’t mention Obama’s lack of a Negro dialect. Nah, nobody’s that stupid.

I would never endorse such speech, but the obvious difference is that she wouldn’t be using it in praise of Obama… Also, she has already taken heat for a racist and sexist comment when it was rumored that she stated, “So Sambo beat the bitch!” in reference to Obama winning the Democratic Party nomination over Hilary Clinton. She also supposedly refers to Alaska’s Aboriginal people as “Arctic Arabs,” “mukluks” and “f**king Eskimo’s.”

4. Crowdaddy13 says:

@plunkett………you can go ahead and slam Reid for his comments on Obama, but remember the party you support is the same party that was hanging people like Obama in the 50s……….so open a history book or shut up.

5. Crowdaddy13, George Wallace and his ilk were all Democrats. The KKK was decidedly Democratic. The segregationists of the era were Democrats. The record filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was conducted by Democrats. Despite the protestations of Senators Robert Byrd (D) , Albert Gore (D) and many other (D)s, Republicans pushed the landmark legislation into law.

You have to do more than open a history book, you have to read it.

And Crowdaddy13, which party do I support and how many “people like Obama” have they hanged?

6. FNB, you lost me at “it was rumored” and “she also supposedly”. She either did or she didn’t. If you don’t know, don’t write it.

You also wrote that Reid’s remarks about lacking a Negro dialect were, in your words, “praise”. That statement could be construed as racist. I hope you don’t lose any sponsors.

First of all Plunket, I’d rather be cautious and state that something is a rumor, rather than state it as fact like many people on FNC do. Her statements made the rounds in the media and she never denied them, AFAIK. Secondly, “praise” wasn’t my word, it was the President’s – “Reid Used ‘Inartful Language In Trying To Praise Me’” Finally, I clearly stated that I do not endorse such language. Jesus, learn to f***ing read!

8. Crowdaddy13 says:

Was Lyndon Johnson a republican? I think not…………..Strom Thurmond was one though. Most of the racist democrats that were turned off by Truman left the party and ended up conservative. And NO the republican party of today is not the party of Lincoln, open a history book dude……..

9. Crowdaddy13 says:

You seem to forget who ultimately signed the Civil Rights bill……………a democrat, and he had the power to veto it too.

10. Yes, “praise” was your word, however inartful. You never quoted Obama or Reid in your first response.

Either way, I wasn’t serious. I thought that was obvious.

11. Crowdaddy, you said, “… the party you support (you assume Republican) is the same party that was hanging people like Obama in the 50s.” Still stand by that statement, dude?

And Strom Thurmond was a Democrat during this period.

13. “Someone who monitors more than one media outlet would know that Obama said that… just sayin’…”

Ouch. Does ESPN count?

14. Crowdaddy13 says:

I wonder why strom turned republican in 1964? or was it just a coincedence?