Glenn Beck used a boy’s murder, which has no connections to any religious, or non-religious beliefs, to preach about how atheists place a lesser value on human life. Here is a video response:
As an aside, here are but a few famous atheists in the field of Science and Technology:
- Francis Crick (1916–2004): English molecular biologist, physicist, and neuroscientist; noted for being one of the co-discoverers of the structure of the DNA molecule in 1953. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1962.
- Sigmund Freud (1856–1939): Father of psychoanalysis.
- Oliver Sacks (1933–): United States-based British neurologist, who has written popular books about his patients, the most famous of which is Awakenings.
- Carl Sagan (1934–1996): American astronomer and astrochemist, a highly successful popularizer of astronomy, astrophysics, and other natural sciences, and pioneer of exobiology and promoter of the SETI.
- Alan Turing (1912–1954): English mathematician, logician, and cryptographer; often considered to be the father of modern computer science. The Turing Award, often recognized as the “Nobel Prize of computing”, is named after him.
- James D. Watson (1928–): 1962-Nobel-laureate co-discover of the structure of DNA.
- Steve Wozniak (1950–): co-founder of Apple Computer and inventor of the Apple I and Apple II.